Margherita and Veggie
For the dough:
(150g) All purpose flour/ Maidha
(1) Instant yeast
For the sauce:
(5) Oregano leaves/Oregano
(3 pods) Garlic
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Add a packet of yeast in a glass of warm water and sugar(as food for yeast) to this mixture. Mix it together and keep it aside. After 5 mins, add the yeast mixture to the dough and salt. Properly kneed the dough and keep it aside. Drizzle a bit of olive on top of it and cover it with an aluminium foil. Leave the dough to rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Once it is rested for a good amount of time, you will observe the dough rise. Take it out and kneed the dough(similar to chapathi). Once a soft consistency is achieved, cut the dough into smaller parts with the help of a knife.
- Flatten out each part with the help of a rolling pin/hand till thin. Slightly fold the outer boundary and poke a few holes with a fork to help it cook all the way through. Your pizza dough is good to go! Pre-heat the oven to 450°C for 12 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce, boil 2 tomatoes in water till the skin starts to peel off. Once done, puree one tomato in a blender and smash the other one with a fork. Take out all the seeds within.
- Add finely chopped garlic, capsicum and oregano leaves to a pan consisting of olive oil. Fry it for a while and add the tomato (puree and mixture) to the pan. Add a tinge of salt and chilly flakes(optional). Let the whole mixture boil for 10-15 mins till a gravy-like consistency is achieved. Sauce is ready!
- Assembly. Generously spread the sauce throughout the flattened dough. Add shredded mozzarella cheese on top(margherita pizza) and diced onions, capsicum and sliced olives(veggie pizza).
- Place both the doughs in the oven for 20 mins at 450°C.
- To check if the pizza is cooked, the base must turn golden brown and the cheese on the pizza, completely melted.
- Finally, drizzle olive oil and serve flaming hot with a cool drink.